Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kids Kwotes

"Wow! Who is coming over?" asks Clayton when he sees 4 pans of lasagna spreading across the kitchen table. We were preparing to go to Park Rapids with David's family for a get away at a friends cabin. There was going to be 20 of us and most of them are of the male type.

I accidently put these in the wrong order and didn't want to go back and change it! But the below picture is what Clayton saw when he made his statement. I brought 3 of the pans with us and made the other one for a family that I had been wanting to make a meal for.
And this is what I saw when I was done assembling the lasagna, I was hoping the maid was coming over!!
This is one of my favorite recipes so I wanted to share it with you!

Lasagna

1 lb. hamburger-browned with onion.
Add 1/8t. garlic powder, 1T. basil, 1t. salt, 1 lb. diced tomatoes & 2-6oz. cans tomato paste. Mix together and simmer for 30 min. stirring occasionally.

Cook 1/2 package of lasagna noodles according to box directions. Drain.

Beat 2 eggs; add 3c. cottage cheese, 2T. parsley, 1/2t. salt, 1/2t. pepper & 1/2c. parmesan cheese.

Layer in the following order:
1/2 noodles in 9x13 pan
1/2 of the cottage cheese mix
1/2 lb. mozzerella cheese
1/2 meat sauce
REPEAT.

Bake at 375 for 30 min. or 45 min. if cold. Let cool for 10 min. before serving.

This freezes well also. You do not have to cover this because the cheese is underneath the meat sauce so it won't burn. It is really yummy and everyone loved it! Hope you will try it out and enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. That Lasagna was soooooo yummy! I think it is one of the best red sauce lasagnas that I have had. I am glad that you posted the recipe.
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete