Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Long Overdue Post

So sorry that I have not stayed up-to-date. I have many pictures to post but at the moment our camera is on the fritz. I will put on some pictures when we get it up and running again.

We had the opportunity to go to my Aunt and Uncle's cabin in Wisconsin the end of May. They have 40 acres and it is out in the country. We brought two 4-wheelers with us and when we weren't picking woodticks off of each other we were all 4-wheeling. It was a blast, the boy's were in heaven! I have pictures that I'll put up a.s.a.p.

The following weekend my brother, Tanner, and David's brother, Stephen, graduated from high school. Last Sunday was Stephen's Open House and this Saturday is Tanner's.

This past weekend we had my brother's kids, Coleton and Sarina. It was a busy house but I thought that things ran quite smoothly considering. I was working on potty training with Clayton in underwear. Before this point I was using pull-ups but I thought that having accidents might speed up the process. At one point Coleton (who is 3 months older and is potty trained) comes running into my room and says, "Briana, Briana, come here." I followed him to where he and Clayton had been playing so well for the past 30-40 minutes. As soon as I hit the doorway, I could smell it. Coleton says, "look it's poop, it's gross and it really stinks." I couldn't have said it better myself! Sure enough, there was poop on the floor, at this point I was doubting my decision to do the potty training deal this weekend! That was probably our biggest crisis. The kids had a lot of fun together and David and I got a taste of what it would be like if we had 2 sets of twins ages 2 & 3.

We have had some sickness in the house this past week (stomach flu, yuk!) But on the brighter side, I think that I can say the Clayton is potty trained! I really, really dislike potty training especially the accidents. I did determine that I'm going to start earlier with Connor (I'll let you know if I keep this goal!)

Well, there's a brief update minus the pictures of what we've been up too. I'll post again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Coleton didn't tell me about the poop incident. All he said was that he and Clayton laughed and laughed because they were pretending to be dogs. He had such a great time at your house, and I'm sure Sarina did, too, she just can't communicate it yet. They sure are the best of buds! We're praying that the boys get better soon and that you and David don't get it! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Haahaa! We need to have our lunch date now that Tanner's OH is over!

    ReplyDelete